Walking helps in the maintenance and development of muscles while burning calories.
Walking is a natural movement of our body and it does not require special coordination abilities. It is the ideal exercise to lose excess pounds. Walking from 30 to 60 minutes each day. It can alternate walking indoors with walking outdoors to add variety and make it more enjoyable, or by watching TV while walking on a treadmill, or listening to music.
Adding resistance training to your walking routine.
Walking with ankle or arm weights can help you stay toned and lose weight. You can also try lifting weights, pilates or strength band to keep your muscles toned. Walking builds and tones leg muscles, hips, and buttocks. Walking also improves the endurance and strength of these muscles, allowing you to accomplish more without getting tired easily. Keep in mind that stretching your muscles before and after walking, which is important to prevent injury and improve the body's flexibility.
So how do you do when is the best time to start walking for weight loss? Check out the list below to help you get more effective results on your walking exercise especially if you are just a beginner:
- Keep a record of what you eat and drink to be conscious of what, how much, and the frequency of your eating and drinking throughout the day and keeping a track of them.
- Measure the distance you have walked. This allows you to make comparisons of different routes to take and which one will help you increase the distance gradually. Using a pedometer to make it easier for you to know the speed and distance of your walks.
- Keep a log that records your progress as you add more to the distance and speed of walking. The usual items you can put in your log book are: Date, Time, Distance, Speed (distance divided by time in minutes multiplied by 60), Amount of calories burned, and Weight.
- Set a realistic goal to be able to keep motivated in achieving your desired results.
- Let your family and friends know that you are walking to lose weight and share with them your goal, progress, and achievements. Having their support is another way to get the motivation to keep going until you reach your weight loss goal.
It doesn't matter if you just want to walk towards the end of the street or plan a 30-minute walk. Walking to lose weight can be challenging, but it doesn't mean that you have to starve yourself or give up everything you enjoy. It's simply a matter of finding balance. These tips can be handy so you can do it right. They are very simple and easy to follow for an effective walking to lose weight routine.
This website and its content is copyright of Kamileo - © Kamileo 2018. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other forms of electronic retrieval system.